We strive to be responsible stewards of the environment and consider our impact across all activities to operate in environmentally friendly ways to feed the world.
There is growing awareness about the environmental pressures impacting our planet and the need for more urgent and ambitious action. We are dedicated to doing our part in reducing our impact on the environment and striving for a more sustainable future in partnership with our key stakeholders as outlined in our Global Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability Policy (Global EHS&S Policy).
We listened to feedback and had candid conversations about what is achievable and right for our business. Through these consultations, we landed on our enterprise-wide Environmental Sustainability Goals and Commitments:
- Reduce our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 30% by 2030 in our direct operations (Scope 1 and Scope 2) and develop a supply chain GHG goal (Scope 3) over the next 12 months.
- Adopt a “no deforestation policy” within our supply chain covering key commodities.
- Assess our water impact, particularly in high-stress environments.
- Assess our waste to landfill.
- Participate in the Sustainable Packaging Coalition and implement How2Recycle labeling across our products.
- Continue enhancing and evolving our animal welfare policies and ensure our suppliers are accountable to our policies.
For additional information, please visit the Sustainability by Topic section. As we continue on this journey, we will report progress on our goals and commitments through our website and annual ESG report.
Our Environmental Priorities and Progress
Transparency with our environmental performance.Environmental Data
GHG Emissions and Climate Change
Doing our part to mitigate climate change.GHG Emissions and Climate Change
Actively engaged with sustainability organizations and partners.Collective Action